If you like being outdoors and doing activities such as hiking or high altitude cycling, an altimeter watch may be exactly what you need. An altimeter watch can help you know when the altitude pressure has changed and is an interesting way to keep track of your adventure and will also enable you to be aware of where you are going and the weather, as well.
How then do you know which one is the best altimeter watch to buy? There are a variety of altimeter watches on the market and some are fancier than others with more features, while others are more basic. Let’s take a glance at our list first:
For those who want a watch that has everything you could possibly dream of needing, you will like some of the watches with more features. To help you decide on the best altimeter watch, we have made a list of what we consider to be the best altimeter watches. We are confident that you will find the best altimeter watch for you.
1. Best GPS altimeter watch Garmin Fenix 3 HR 2017
The Garmin Fenix is a sleek and smooth, smart watch and provides comfort for the outdoors who likes to feel unencumbered and light while trekking through their favorite trails. Armed with the fusion of EXO antenna and GPS/GLONASS satellite reception, it delivers the best accurate positioning with the fastest fixes possible.
It’s the perfect companion to someone who likes altitudes as it measures your heart rate, provides you with a high resolution display, and what is pretty amazing for many users, it also has wireless connectivity.
It’s the watch for that active person who likes to switch things up. From mountain climbing to weightlifting, it can help you keep track of what you need to know, such as sleep, calories, and more.
It also has an incredible battery life so you don’t have to worry about charging it too often, which makes it great for long hikes. It is definitely a durable choice for someone who is looking for a watch that will last for many adventures.
- GPS paired with EXO antenna, GLONASS and EPO
- Scratch resistant super hard sapphire glass window
- Weather updates via Altimeter, Barometer, Compass and thermometer. Auto calibrated through GPS
- Smartphone synchronization compatible for notifications, including text, email, weather
- Equipped with wrist based heart rate technology
- 2-inch chroma display
- 100 meter water resistant
- WiFi compatible
- Perfect for outdoor activities including climbing, mountaineering, trekking, and backpacking
2. Best Casio altimeter watch G-Shock Gulfmaster GWN1000B of 2017
This G-Shock watch is for anyone who is looking for a jack-of-all-trades kind of watch. With its many cool features, it’s the kind of watch an avid outdoor enthusiast would love.
For example, it has a digital compass, which helps to stay on track on their trek. It also has a radio wave reception which is very handy for outdoor activities. Its altimeter measures from -700m to 10,000m.
It’s also water-resistant so you can wear it in the rain or swimming without worrying about damage. It’s also a good looking watch and will complement any wrist sizes.
- Geared with triple sensors – altimeter, barometer, thermometer and compass
- Case diameter x Case thickness = 5.6 cm x 16.2 mm
- Multi-band atomic timekeeping
- Tough solar powered and shock resistant
- Equipped with Moon phase graph and tide graph function
- 200m water resistant
- Armed with smart access tech
- Great for outdoor activities including climbing, mountaineering, trekking, skydiving, skiing
3. Best cheap altimeter watch Casio Men’s GW-9400-1CR 2017
This Casio men’s watch is the kind that you can wear anywhere without worrying about it getting wrecked. It has a sturdy body and highly protected face. This timepiece comes with an altimeter, thermometer, barometer, and compass, which as every outdoor adventurer knows are important features for an outdoor watch.
It is also water and mud resistance, so it’s perfect for those rainy season hikes when you just have to get out there and trek your favorite hills. It is one of the more affordable altimeter watches on the market, yet this doesn’t take away from its quality.
Another feature that is often overlooked are the buttons. They are perfectly placed and easy to press, making the maneuvering around the different functions on your watch, a piece of cake.
- Packed with Triple ABC sensor
- Atomic timekeeping, solar powered, shock & mud resistant
- 200m water resistant
- Display sunrise and sunset time
- Case diameter x Case thickness = 5.3 cm x 17 mm
- Good for climbing, mountaineering, trekking, skiing and backpacking
4. Suunto Ambit3 best skydiving watch 2017
Whether you want to check the altitude while climbing, measure how powerful you run, or if you are sleeping well, the Suunto Ambit3 fulfills its job description well.
It also has a feature that permits you to add photos in movement, which is awesome for anyone who likes to share what happens on their adventures with friends.
For those who like color in their outdoor wardrobe, the watch comes in a few different colors for you to choose from. It’s also lightweight, which is fantastic for long treks where a bulkier watch could begin to feel uncomfortable.
- Loaded with Compass, Altimeter, Barometer and Thermometer for weather information
- Supports hear rate monitor, smart foot pod, biking sensor via Bluetooth
- 100m water resistant
- Mineral dial protected window
- A GPX format supported for importing routes from external devices
- Wireless connectivity to Sunnto Movescount app
- Handy for Climbing, mountaineering, trekking, skydiving, paragliding and backpacking
5. Best backpacking altimeter watch Casio Men’s PRW-6000Y-1ACR
This watch may seem confusing at first glance, but that’s only because it comes with so many different features and it’s easy to get the hang of it.
Geared with the features like low temperature resistance, barometer, altimeter, and compass, it’s the watch that provides you with the information you want when you need it. It is 100m water resistant so, in the rain or shines won’t matter. It also comes with smart access which is ideal for anyone who likes to stay connected.
Its aesthetically pleasing design sure will complement your wrists while built-in rugged & innovative functions keep you informed throughout your outdoor activities.
- Dial window protected with anti-reflective sapphire dial and carbon inserted band
- Atomic timekeeping, solar power and smart access
- Loaded with Altimeter, Digital Compass, Barometer, Thermometer with low temperature resistant
- Easy to read analog-digital watch face
- Case diameter x Case thickness = 45.5 mm x 12.8 mm
- 10 meter free fall endurance
- Recommended for almost all outdoor activities
Finally, we would like to thank you for reading all the way through. All our selected watches are a perfect match for outdoor activities. It is a must have gear for those who love outdoor adventure. Good luck with your purchase! Shop Smart!